Thursday, November 29, 2007

Great stuff from Latent Heat

As stated in an earlier post, I have shifted the focus of this blog to getting questions and ideas about a "possible" new business answered. Here is a comment from Latent Heat from an earlier post. I have permission to post this. I will only place those comments that I have permission to as a blog post.

latent heat said...

1john5:13,

After reading your reply I can't help but find myself challenged to participate in the discussion as I see your point. I have found this to be the only way to truly flurish even in 95% corporate world when faced with tough decisions. Ultimately, the best inputs do come from places we least expect them and it is very exciting to see someones reaction when you get excited and thank them for thier input. Anyway here are my intial thoughts:

I find that people will focus and act based upon what they are measured on. Hence, it is critical to understand what behavior will be provoked based on what measurements are used to reward. In other words: "expect what you inspect".

So, the first question is, "what is the vision, what do we truly want to achieve as a team?". If that the answer is to truly affect our culture and turn it from an entitlement mentality to a leadership driven mentality, then system counts is what should be measured by all means. However, it cannot focus on reaching and sustaining certain numbers, it must focus on growth rates. Unfortunately, since the competition is really week in the industry, reaching certain levels will be a challenge, but in my view, not a very tough one after one engages in the process. Many leaders reach a certain level and then start to rest - or camp at that stage as there is nothing to drive the hunger they had when they started. If we want to truly affect the culture of this and other countries, then growth rates must be a metric used to determine reward, else it is to easy to set up camp and get confortable as we are no longer as hungry as we once were. This also ensures that the newest person in will recieve the mentorship and leadership of those that have already walked the miles of the path that he / she will be starting down.

Just my thoughts.

November 23, 2007 6:01 AM

This is an important question. What is the vision? "Without a vision, the people perish." I think that without knowing something of what is going to happen in the next few months, the people will languish. I realize there are legal implications, but all I am asking for is "possible" answers.

That being said. A couple of observations.

1. Leadership is great, and I think that TEAM is great at promoting it within the group, however, the CD's need to be on how to build leadership mentality, not only for a possible new MLM business, but also for bringing leadership training in other businesses also. This would be an easy sell for most of us to do as we all know business owners. As these new businesses begin to build leaders the "fame" of TEAM approach to leadership training will spread.

2. Those of us who are in TEAM and were a part of Q want an alternative REAL wholesale product line to not only sell, but to help others sell as well. It is win win. We are able to build our dreams, as well as build leadership into others.

Thanks Latent,

Looking forward to some answers.

1 John 5:13

1 comment:

Hurting Inside said...

Just to let you know I have posted some details on Amway/Quixtar/Alticor's NEW MLM on my blog @ http://livesturnedupsidedown.blogspot.com/